9.2.12

Chains


Me. You have twisted me with your promises a couple of times over. Sometimes, I feel unsure if I should still believe you or not. Fumbled for dreamsI'm tired of waiting when you would finally breathe life into the dreams you've dreamt for us.

Us. I apprehensively grope in the darkness. I could only feel pain during the times we rarely see each other. Holding my breath whenever I catch a glimpse of you. We neither embrace nor touch. How would I believe that this would go anywhere? You are pushing me to my limits. Unbind my chains.

You. You only need me when you need something from me. You are wasting my time with trivialities. I never felt that you truly cared for me. Or was I blinded by your verbiage? Waiting has worn me out.


(Translated from an original essay in my native language posted on 31 May 2010.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails