9.10.13

Twist of Fate

Can't shake off this sense of foreboding the whole day. I wanted to wean myself out of facebook to avoid toxic memories, but, something drew me to check.

Bingo.

My childhood friend from Malaysia posted a shoutout saying that she lost her ex-lover. I just had to message and comfort her somehow. I thought it was her fiancé who died, turns out, it was her ex-husband who used to sleep around and beat her to a pulp.

She was torn.

She said that she had called him up last October 3. The neighbors noticed a stench and promptly called the police. The body had been rotting for 3-5 days.

I barraged her with questions: "Murder? Heart attack?"

She wasn't sure and is willing to go through the postmortem investigation.

I told her that, somehow, what happened was poetic justice for what she had to go through in the past. The pain and shame she had to endure for love. She agreed. 

"You're finally free," I typed.

"See you next week. Let's pick up my fiancé from the airport. I'm arriving a day ahead and I want you to meet him." 

"Lemme look at my sched," I said though I couldn't pencil it in yet. Well, I want to see how my love advice worked on her. Funny how it works on other people...Talk about letting out my inner Amélie Poulain.

Melihat anda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails