13.4.14

1Q14

The first part of this year has been pretty amazing and I can't complain with all the blessings coming in and all the awesome experiences jam-packed into just a couple of months.

Stuff that happened in no particular order--just making a random list:

1. Joined the Worldwide Walk for Typhoon Yolanda victims.
2. Accidentally took part in the One Billion Rising just because I had to meet up with my friends documenting the event.
3. Was invited to the private vernissage of my jewelry designer friend and artist. Really proud that her collection is now sold in Europe.
4. Presented a paper on the plight of Filipino sugarcane farmers based on an award-winning literary work in front of my National Artist for Literature professor. 
5. Recently became an Introducing Broker for an established Forex trading company based in Manila. 
6. Had a surreal moment with the CEO of the said forex company, when he invited my sister and I, as a token of his gratitude, to one of the poshest clubs--definitely not my scene though. Never did I felt a gnawing sense of loneliness in a roomful of undulating people.
7. Randomly met up with some friends in one day. One from the French Embassy and the other, a renowned photographer/artist who just came back from his exhibitions in Greece and Tbilisi, Georgia. Introduced to said artist, the concept of passive income and financial planning, plus, helped him get a gig with one of my favorite galleries. 
8. Was recently coded as an insurance agent after passing the Insurance Commission exam. I would like to thank my childhood crush for opening other opportunities and diversifying my portfolio. Too bad he's still not breaking up with his boyfriend... *le sigh*
9. Reconnected with my childhood crushes. I can't believe we always have a blast whenever we hang out--I could never have enough "boy" buddies, with whom I could talk about girl stuff or reminisce the good times.
10. Finally following my passion--just taught two cycles of Basic French and Basic German. And more students are enlisting this summer...
11. I've gotten more looks of disbelief whenever I mention my real age. In the club, the bouncer asked if I had an ID. A forex broker/friend was shocked when I mentioned that I've been working for 11 years and when I told him how old I really am.
12. And yes, I celebrated 11 years at my real job. No fireworks really. Next year, I'm in the running for an Oscar award. Get it? "12 Years a Slave". 
13. Someone nominated me on FHM's 2014 Sexiest Women List and I had a really good laugh. 

I might've overlooked some details and I'm too sleepy to put in some of the realizations I had in the past few months. Overall, I'm pretty grateful for everything. Thank you, universe, it's been a great ride so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails